Digital marketing, website development and website design should work well together in order to achieve a common goal—to turn webpage visitors to customers. Which is why you should always go to a responsive web design company to help you design your website. But if you’d like to do it yourself, then you should learn how to increase your conversion rate to improve your overall digital marketing efforts.
How to have a successful website and business? Understand the process of consumer decision-making, as well as psychology principles.
The Customer Decision-Making Journey
- Initial Consideration – The consumer compares different brands, assessing which one can fulfill his or her needs.
- Active Evaluation – The consumer begins to gather more thorough information about different brands to narrow down the options.
- Moment of Purchase – The consumer finalizes his choice.
- Post-Purchase Experience – The consumer begins to try the product. This experience would either fail to meet or meet his or her expectations.
- Loyalty Loop – What if the experience ends up positive? The customer then skips the initial phases, and then arrives straight at the Moment of Purchase stage in the future.
Psychology of Decision-Making
We, humans, will do anything to avoid loss. Communicate to your audience well, and tell them what they would miss if they don’t convert. You can do this through call-to-action buttons and limited-time offerings.
Figures of authority always help people with their decisions. This is the reason behind celebrity endorsements—it’s all about establishing trust.
Two Ways to Improve Online Brand Authority:
- Be a Thought Leader – Through community management and content marketing, you can establish yourself as a thought leader in your field.
- Social Proof – Generate trust by sharing social following and testimonials.
- Make It Simple
Cognitive is a psychological concept referring to the difficulty or ease of finishing a mental task. In this fast-paced, rapidly changing online world, we need to keep everything simple. Internet users are becoming more and more impatient, so you need to make the navigation experience in your website easy and seamless.
How to make your website simple?
- The text should be easy to read.
- The product and service information should be very easy to comprehend.
- Eliminate the restrictions.
- Provide a clearer path for users to make a choice.